Saturday, March 31, 2007

purses




Made these purses awhile back. Had sent them off to Somerset Studio's Haute Handbags but they didn't make it in. Man, there are some great purses in that publication- bought my copy today. I'm a little disappointed my work didn't make it into print- even though I know there's a tons of choices for the publishers to pick from and only so many pages to actually fill, and not getting into print doesn't make them bad. I especially like the cup of tea bag. Its just so nice to see them in print.
Guess I'm having a doubt day. Doubting myself that is- sometimes I think I'm much better at spending $$ and collecting supplies than I am any good at what I make. I say, why do I need all those rubber stamps and all those drawers of fat quarters or fabric scraps? But then that little voice in my head says- you like what you make, you have fun making them, and THAT- is what is important. Not that you make it in any magazine, and since I've been in magazines before, its not like I've never been published.
I tell myself, you don't have to be this big published artist with some big money contract- or some little money contract or being asked to teach classes at various stores and retreats to be an artist. All you need is to love it, right?

No comments: