Thursday, June 28, 2007

Phone call from Finland

Had a phone call tonight from Finland- I heard the name Karl (or Carl) Bergman and the Bergman (being Mom's maiden name) rang a bell - it was fascinating and exciting- he's mom cousin- more my age though, and was doing some family tree research- wow- I don't know much about that branch of the family since my grandfather was one of the older children and he came here from Sweden before his brother (Karl's father) was born. It was interesting to find out about my family and hopefully I can find out a lot more. Its interesting to think there's family on the other side of the pond that is still interested in us here- as much as we are interested in our own heritage. We forget that they are family even though they are far away and that we haven't met them-that we are fairly close family-second cousins- there has always not been that much of that on my mother's father's side, since so few of them lived here in the US.
Wow- it was exciting, unexpected and quite an adventure.

No comments: