Monday, July 23, 2007

My Quilt









Have been slowly working on a quilt for my bed. Its made from 1930's design fabrics- and these photos are in early working form. I cut strips and sewed them together, and then when I went to the quilting sale back in June (at Keepsaking Quilting) I found these pre-cut 1930's prints butterflies, which I have sewn on randomly around the top. There aren't tons of butterflies, and they are small, but I don't want to overdue it. I have since put some light top stitching on between strips and I want to do some flourish butterfly tails to show that they are in flight. I also want to get some lace so when I put it down on the backing, the edge with have a small lace trim. The quilt is mostly purple (since my bedroom is a light grayish-lavender color), with some green and yellow, a few smal splashes of orange too.

No comments: