Sunday, August 24, 2008

Back to School



Tomorrow I go back to school. Kids come in Tuesday, but we have FRiday off. Katie is off this week and goes back next Tuesday. Lucky her. I have mixed feelings about going back- hating to give up my freedom for the routine, hating getting up so early in the morning, glad to get back into a schedule, glad to see most of my co-workers, glad for some paychecks, and I do love my job. Oh, its just that summer gets you so out of schedule and out of work mode.

We had our junk supepr tonight-chicken, onion rings, mozzarella sticks and ice cream (I had a hot fudge sundae)-my tummy is gurgling but it tasted so good.

Reading a great book right now-its called Queen of the Road. About a 40's ish couple who take a year off and get a converted bus and drive around the USA. My dream- to drive around the USA.

Nice weather the last few days-had sun-time at the lake, dinner at Wolfeboro Bay Thursday right on the water-just like a tourist. Oh the joys of summer and dread of the up coming winter. People haven't stopped talking about winter and we did have some icky summer rain earlier this month. I'm still not over last winter- hope we have a great fall.
Above, a few more kayak pictures from last Tuesday. Also weird, Olympics from Beijing are now over.

No comments: