Saturday, August 2, 2008

BOOKS

What a week. Between Tuesday hiking up Mt. Belknap with Joanne and having lunch before that on Alton Bay, bookclub that night on my screen porch-fun but a sore heel from the hike. Wednesday was off to visit my mom for the day and a late stop at Costco. Thursday-rainy AGAIN and hung out at home and took a LONG nap before drawing class and Friday was the Wolfeboro Street Fair to benefit the local hospital. Last night Dave bought Katie a 2001 Jetta and we went to get it today...I do have photos and actually it is our car but she will drive it so we have our cars. Wow. Mailed out cards to Stamper's Sampler and bought some COOL Halloween stamps on StampDiva, and tonight Dave and I are watching the VHS X Files Movie from like 1998, thought I was getting the DVD for 94 cents but bought the VHS actually. Enjoying it though-have seen it- loved this show.

ANyHOW- bought a bunch of books at the street fair pretty cheap and figure it helps the hospital. Lets see how many I can read-
  • Iriving Stone's The Origin about Darwin
  • Jame's Michener's Poland-I've read a lot of his books a long time ago and enjoyed them, but haven't read this one
  • A Tale of Two Cities- thought it might be nice to have on hand and reread since I haven't read it since 10th grade-and that's a LONG LONG time ago
  • Sarum by Edward Rutherford-loved the London book I read of his last year
  • the Eight by Katherine Neville-Joanne had spoken of this book so I'm going to try it
  • Daphe du Maurier's Rebecca-a very ancient copy
  • Agatha Christie's So Many Steps to Death-another ancient copy with all my rereads of her books
  • PD James Original Sin- not sure if I read this book eons ago, but I've read a lot of hers and the plot did not seem familar
  • Elliot Roosevelt-Murder at the Palace
  • Ken Follett-A Dangerous Fortune-a like new hardcover for $2- and I loved the cathedral- but this is just as long but sounds great about a Victoria disaster at a boys school
  • Anne Perry-Defend and Betray- another book I my have read as I read lots of hers eons ago, but doesn't sound familar either
  • Agatha Christie hardcover with Murder at the Vicarage and Sleeping Murder-I probably have these stories in paperback, but can't find them easily in the attic and with my rereading of her books project
  • Same as above but Curtain and The Mysterious Affairs at Styles- I think her first and last 2 Poirot books
  • Another Anne Perry-Seven Dials- again I might have read it but can't really rememebr right now from reading the jackets.

Also got a couple of books for my art-one had cool old Christmas images, one had old plant illustrations and 1 was a travel brochure from Stockholm in 1955- even before my parents got married and traveled there, and LONG before I went there in 1985.

And right now I am reading a paperback copy of Janet Evanovich's Lean Mean Thirteen that I got at Costco Wednesday...haven't read any of the Stephanie Plum books since book 10 and am enjoying this a lot, same old characters, same old fun.

Will post car photos and hiking photos soon, and even some card photos which are on my camera...have fun with the rest of your weekend

No comments: