Sunday, November 2, 2008

Quiet weekend





After a very very busy last week (and the week before) I am opting for a quiet weekend-and I've got one and I love it. We got out new rug laid down in the livingroom last evening after the dog's accident a few weeks back and no more icky smells. Saw a bunch of movies-The Changeling, the Duchess and now we're watching the original Indiana Jones on DVD. Both theatre movies were execllent, well made movies that evoked some powerful emotions-left the Changeling and couldn't even say much- but not movies I want to rush to see again-must be my how far woman have come movie weekend. Indiana Jones is light and fun though-just entertainment and now big message.
Today I am going to play in my studio and maybe blow away some leaves from my gardens, who knows. Started reading a Dangerous Fortune last night (by Ken Follett) and realized I've read it years ago when it came out, but am enjoying it and don't really remember the story so I'll read it through again. This copy I bought for $2 at the hospital street fair last summer and its a hardcover in like new condition so it was a bargain and I helped the hospital out too. Can't lose that way.
These leaf photos were taken last weekend-we've really lost our leaves this past week and now we're into November-usually a less stressful and more quiet month than October. That's what I want right now!

No comments: