Saturday, March 21, 2009

Today is Saturday

The Seine from up high!
From the bridge that goes to Ile de Citi to the Right Bank.
Embankments and waterside parking.
Houseboats-as in the book I just started.
And though cool, another splendid bit of weather! Can I actually say it without jinxing us?- March has been lovely.
Yesterday finished reading Bill Bryson's "In a Sunburnt Country", about Australia, which has been my favorite of his to date (and since the fall I've read a lot of his). A+--- Now I started the Secret Life of the Seine by (I believe) Mort Rosenblum. Am waiting for the next book by Steig Larson in "The Girl" series to arrive-am getting a copy from the UK because The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo was excellent and I can't wait to start reading the latest-which isn't out here in the US until late July.
And since I've been reading about the Seine today- a few more photos from the city it is famous for...(By this point you don't even need to guess, do you?)

No comments: