Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Latest Read

Here's my latest read-its pretty good, not as good as I hoped it would be, but still a worthwhile read. The author travels around the world to see how perfumes get produced...I'm not a huge perfume person but its very interesting. I guess my 2 complaints are- 1-I feel like I'm still missing something about the making of perfume as I read, like I'm suppose to know something already and 2-I wish it would get a bit more personal and talk a bit more about her travels to these areas and not just visiting the rose processing factory or the perfume makers in Grasse-for examples. But I guess that's the theme of this book, eh?
So tomorrow I go to see a guest lecture in Nashua on DNA and genetics- I've seen this man before and he's very informative...plus, its a little change of pace- can you tell I've been back to school for a month now and even though I'm really enjoying my year so far I am getting ready for a change of pace...can't wait for the long Columbus Day weekend coming up...no plans but that's ok too.

No comments: