Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Snow day???

So today I did end up having a snow day and who knows what its doing down at the coast, but here inland we just started getting light flakes around 12:30. My school hates to call half days and let us leave, so maybe it was a good call, but here, Katie had school and I think she'll get the full day in. This is day 2 for snow days for me this year- not bad compared to the past few years, and its been great being home AGAIN. Did a few chores and have relaxed...think that's a good plan. Want to get packed once I finish laundry and did a bunch of scrapping again on my Paris journal...will come home ready to do the next journal and this one still seems to have a long way to go. Think I need to be more selective of what I put in...easier said than done.
Anyhow, photo shows the sun shining when I got up this morning after I went back to bed, slept a bit and then read for quite awhile.
So on the top is my old refrigerator. Bought it in June 1989 when we moved into our house. Up until recently it ran good- never needed any service, but it did look pretty icky inside and boy were there dust kitties underneath it. Kind of sad since I was only in my 20's when I bought it and it was the last appliance we had from the first round we bought way back in our more youthful days. Now as 50 approaches in just a little over 2 weeks its time for something new as you can see in the other photo- it makes the floor look pretty bad, which it is, but that should be replaced later this spring once we finish out bathroom project.
Lastly, will show you some recent art...


These are the 2 wedding cards I made for my cousin, not sure which one she will pick (if either) but my preference is the 3 big flowers. These cards are oversized, 8 1/2 x 11 inches in size...not sure about envelopes but will figure something out, add that to the list so I can mail these tomorrow since I won't have time to do it on Thursday. 

No comments: