Thursday, June 10, 2010

Living in New Hampshire


Want to show you now and then what my world here in NH is like, especially since its so unique and beautiful here. Also, lets face it, I live in a tourist destination, so since my travels will be thin for awhile with college looming, let me vacation right here at home. So here's some photos I took on my phone last Saturday when we went to Pop's Clam Shell in Alton, NH for dinner. We had onion rings and chicken fingers for Dave and Katie and me, a grilled hot dog. YUMMY!!! Greasy too, but this place must be just like it was back in the 60's. Its fun to do once or twice a summer-since its not open after Labor Day.
Look what I also found online? (http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?p=127980)   This is a vintage photo/postcard of Alton Bay, NH where Pop's Clam Shell is, you can see just a bit of the building on the bottom right corner of this photo. I guess they've since added the Flipper Room, which is a closed in bottom and a patio top for dining which would be exactlty right in the bottom right corner of this photo since its not attached to the kitchen and where you order. And it does still look like this. Wonder when this photo was taken, trying to judge from the cars like maybe early 1960's? Maybe the 1950's too. The thin strip of lake is one part of the much larger Lake Winnepesaukee, NH.
Anyhow, what to do on a rainy Thursday evening alone? Tired since I woke up with a tummy ache about 2:30 a.m., so a nap would be nice but a nap would waste the evening. I could go into my studio as I haven't been there all week. I could read. Hmm. Maybe watch a movie. Got the whole night to just enjoy- and no papers to grade as I'm all caught up there!

No comments: