Thursday, November 18, 2010

Ready for Turkey

Thanksgiving is a great holiday. First of all, lots of good food. Second of all, a long weekend/mini vacation almost. Usually we get to see family, and this year we're driving to Massachusetts to spent it with my family. We always take out the Christmas decorations and often get our tree over the weekend.  Its a great time to relax. Katie and I often go shopping on the day before Thanksgiving when I get out of work...which is at 11:30. The sales are already on then but there's no real crowds. Get a good jump start on the holiday shopping. Got to love it.
So I really like this Thanksgiving set from Hero Arts with these little Pilgrims and with the leaves and turkeys too. I don't make a lot of Thanksgiving cards...but these went off to Katie at college. The flower and the thinking of you tag I bought pre-made...maybe by EK Success??? The saying on the Pilgrim boy is from the Thanksgiving set by Crafty Secrets...that's another vintage set which is pretty nice.
So I haven't been reading much at all lately...at least not fiction. Have been reading some short stories by Agatha Christie and Tuesday night I started this book...its easy brainless reading...
it didn't get great reviews on Amazon but I picked up a copy a while back cheap at Costco...and I don't want anything too intense right now. I am feeling guilty that I never finished the Story of Edgar Sawtelle, which is a great story...but its just more intense than I want right now. Life has been too busy to let me get too into deep reading...which is my problem with the Sawtelle book...Mr. Darcy isn't that...and I'm enjoying the read without expecting too much...that always help.
So today is my last school day this week. Tomorrow I am taking one of my personal days and going off with my friend Vicky to the Peabody Essex Museum. Can't wait. Going to see the Treasures of the Forbidden City...before it goes to the Met in NYC...will be fun to spend the day with Vicky too. A little girl time adventure...Love it!