Monday, January 17, 2011

Playing with my new dies

So one of the new dies that DID arrive from Sizzix Saturday was a card die with a movers and shakers center...it came with this window die and I was playing around with it yesterday. I also bought the Tim Holtz bare tree which was on sale and it also arrived in the same order. I love the tree because you could use it for Halloween, winter, add some leaves for a summer tree...its very versatile. The saying is from My Sentiments Exactly and the snowflakes and the post mark are from Inkadinkado. Love the postmark! Really like this card.
So then I made a birthday card for my mother-in-law. This time I made the window-pain on a diamond shape and laid this yellow tag (also in the order...the Tim Holtz tag set which was on sale) behind the window. First I stamped the flowers (Autumn Leaves) and the bird (Inkadinkado) which  I then colored with Copics and Jellyroll Glaze pens. The saying is also My Sentiments Exactly and not sure who makes the birthday postmark...the postal lines are by River City Rubber Works.
So below is the inside of the card. I laid a yellow card inside of the above card with the window on the opposite side. First I added the clouds which I hand drew and cut out. Not sure who makes the sentiment stamp. On both the front and back I punched out some green leaves with a Martha Stewart punch and then Copic colored them.