Friday, April 1, 2011

Not April Fools-April snow-for REAL!

Its's REALLY a SNOW day. Just got our power back too as it was out for a few hours. LOOK!
Mr. Harley at the door this morning. He actually likes snow, and me being home...makes this a 3 day weekend.
 Its a heavy wet snow, which probably contributed to no power for 3+ hours. But its back now and I can now actually do something (other than grading tests and working on my French journal). Plan on doing a bit of studio cleaning and maybe a long nap...just happy to have power back and NOT having to be out driving in this...and trying to drive UP my snowed in drive way.
Expecting a few dies I ordered from a Sizzix sale that are out for delivery on the truck. Wonder if they'll make it to my house today or if the driver won't walk up my snowy driveway?
So what do you think of this guy? He's from an older PostModern Stamp. I really like the background. It's white cardstock stamped with some Chinese Words and then distressed in a couple of different red and some grey ink. Mr. Emporer is colored with Copics, Sharpies and a white and a gold pen. The stars are textured grunge paper and then colored with red ink-which I didn't like, and then colored with Viva gold paint, enough to show a bit of the red, and I LOVE them. I think my favorite part of the card. I added some thin black ribbon and a small jole reinforcer around the knot of the ribbon, some gemstones in Mr. Emporer's hat...it works I think.
Maybe this guy can have some luck getting the snow to stop outside (it is letting up for now) and get my grass exposed?
Happy April...March is officially over now...YES!
*****

Postscript:
 I spent 4+ cleaning my bookshelves in my studio. My back is sore, and the job is not quite finished, but should be able to finish it in the morning. I ended up pulling off ALL my books- haven't done a good cleaning- purge for about 4 years and it needed it. Although I'm beat and not done-it feels so good to be getting this project done-perfect for a snowy day when I couldn't easily get out and back into my house otherwise.

No comments: