Saturday, April 16, 2011

Shabby Chick Easter Card

Here's my addition to this week's Shabby Tea Room Challenge-Doileys and Lace. I made this card for my mom for Easter, its very her. I distressed some pink cardstock and then die cut the flowery background paper. I then texturized some creamy white paper, die cut it and added it over the flower paper. The little girl with the egg basket and the chick came from a Dover set of vintage holiday images which I copied and cut out. Before glueing her down on the card, I first added some white lace trim, then added the girl to my card. I also die cut the small piece with the Happy Easter saying- its actually cut from the same set of Nestabilities but I flipped it on its side and colored the edges of it with a marker that matched my ink for the saying. I used the same creamy white paper  I used for the plain background piece but I left it without any texture. The 3 eggs are die cut and colored. Lastly, I used some pearl colored Viva dots on the corners of the flowered background paper.
****
More "spring" news. The spring peepers are back out...I heard them Thursday night. Tonight's  quite chilly...this whole day was quite chilly. Dave and I walked for MS down in Portsmouth this morning- it was a 5 mile walk and it felt good to do it both physically and emotionally, on many levels. Some of the NHS kids at school volunteered at the event so one of the other advisors and  myself (with my great hubby in tow) went to check up on them and decided that since we had to go, we  should walk. Afterwards Dave and I went to Costco and Trader Joe's and had a little lunch out...it was a great day, something different. Though I must say- it was an expensive day...needed to STOCK up at Costco...always costs a bit of cash to do that. I did get this interesting book which I have been looking through tonight-USA Best Trips-99 themes itineraries across America. Not that I am travelling far right now...but see an idea or 2 for my vacation in 1 week...maybe...if not a couple of great ideas for summer roadtrips...which I plan on doing once again this summer. You know me...I'me VERY sick with the travel bug. Its chronic with me...LOL!

No comments: