Thursday, May 26, 2011

More from the Archive

More archives today. Here's a card from 2 years ago!
I called this whole set of cards I made The Buggy tea Party.
This card started with a red cardstock base and I added to that first some plumish cardstock and then some light purple polka dot paper. Eyelets were added.  I used water color markers to stamp the flowers along the bottom of the card. The tea pot is from Oxford Impressions- but I stamped and colored that on plain paper and cut that out. Once I attached it I stamped the little butterflies (Hero Arts) and hand added the dotted fly lines. And I added the trim. The saying on the red paper is from River City Rubber Works. Lastly, I added the postmark and posted mark using Autumn Leaves Postal set...another set I just adore and use a lot.
My challenge to myself with this theme was to make a whole set of tea related cards using insects on each card somehow...I think this works quite well... a bit fantasty...a bit tea pot let outside after a great afternoon picnic.
Another BEAUTIFUL day here in New Hampshire...I think summery weather has actually arrived...not too hot, not too cold, clear skies.
GOT TO LOVE IT!
Happy Day!

No comments: