Wednesday, May 25, 2011

STILL...no computer

I'm working remotely, because I MISS writing my blog. I think its going to be awhile before I go out and spend the cash for a new computer...since I want a Mac...and it's not like they're $300.
So here's an OLDER tag I made, but to celebrate the sudden return of the sun- unexpectedly too- this works. Wonderful temperatures and weather have arrived-YAHOO! Just before the upcoming 3 day weekend which they say will be pretty good...but I live in a tourist area and I'm not sure I believe them since they want people to come up, which they won't come if it's raining- so sometimes I think the TV weatherpeople say nice weather when it won't be particulary nice. GRRR.
I got to get some photos though to show you have my studio organizing is going- FANTASTIC. The right storage systems (I am finding) hold more items in far less space than those storage containers that I had been using and didn't really work all that well...it's truly amazing to me. I got some CD/DVD shelves which don't jut out into the room very far and seem to be holding masses of supplies. Now I just need to figure out how to store my vast collection of paper punches-LOL.
So this tag started with stamping some writing (CHF) on a blabnk tag- then coloring with pink ink by rubbing the whole pad right on the tag. Love how it comes out kind of messy. Then I stamped the flowers (Hero Arts) and colored with with Jelly Roll pens. I stamped the lace (Invoke Arts) in brown to match the background words. The small stamp is off a French cube (???I can't remmeber who made it) onto greyish cardstock and then cut out and attached. The sun word-(Stampington) was stamped in black as is the circle word (Autumn Leaves). Shine, sun, get my drift? LOL. I love this Autumn leaves set-its one of my most used stamps. Amazing to me also how some sets of stamps you don't think you'll use much and they get used A LOT! Finally I sketched an outline of the tag- and Voila!
happy Day-
Hope the sun is shining for you!

No comments: