Saturday, June 4, 2011

Go Bruins

This is the first time in forever the Bruins are playing for the Stanley Cup, and they lost in the last 19 seconds the other night. It would be great for them to win tonight...bring home the cup to Boston.
So I've been having a great Saturday. This morning after a great walk I finished up the journal I am making for my friend's 50th birthday...she's invited us down for a few nights in July to spend some time out on the Outer Banks...where I have never been. So the this journal has an ocean/beach theme. I'll show you photos next week once I snap some.
Then today is my annual trek to Center Harbour, New Hampshire to go to the Keepsake's Quilting sale...Keepsake's Quilting is a HUGE quilt store with a giant mail order business...they also have a nice big yarn storm (Pattern Works) too. The first Friday and Saturday in June is their BIG sale- and I like to go on Saturday afternoon once the frantic crowdds have thinned a bit...and its not like I go for anything specific. I did well today, stuffed a couple of bags of scraps ($5 a bag all you can stuff), got a BUNCH of marked down yarn (Lopi for $3 a skein and then take 25% off), and got a bunch of marked down books. I love going and digging through things and chatting to some of the quilting fanatics...is  fun. And we had pizza on the grill tonight-YUM-YUM.
My kind of Saturday.
So here's a FUN card using Paper Smooches stamps.  The card is a tri-fold.

view 1

 The front. I used Friendly Flowers and colored them to create this garden. The hello is also from this set. The cloud is from the scooter set-Spiffy Scooters.
view 2
When you lift the top of the tri-fold you get to see the full garden. I added the dragonfly from the Giddy Bugs set. The smile word is also from this cute bug set.
Finally when you open the middle there's this fun pop up which I made using a new Sizzix Die I bought awhile back. I decorated this with more flowers, another cloud and another fun drgaonfly. Can you see the little metal antennae I added? They were just what this buggy guy needed.
View 3
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: