Tuesday, June 7, 2011

It Seems SOOO Long

Right now, June 24th seems so far off. Its not like I mind going to work or standing up and teaching but prepping and grading...and staying late after school-oh it is torture. Got to get a little attitude adjustment ASAP. I know I will make it, and I know I'll be ok, but that's what happens when the weather is getting summer like again and I want to be on summer vacation.
And I SOOO do want to be on summer vacation.
Wicked River: The Mississippi When It Last Ran Wild
So yesterday I started a bit of this book before I took a nap-read the prologue, and I really want to get back to it...even the prologue was interesting. (I love these geeky kind of non-military non-poltical history books-learning about a place and a time and to get a feel for that place and time...) I'm almost done with my Sookie Stackhouse  which I hope to wrap up tonight (because I've got to see what happens-since Sookie ends up in Bill's crawl space...is he coming back into the picture?) and then read this book. I'm really enjoying my Dead Reckoning book too. Feels good to get into reading again. I seemed to be so out of a reading mode for the last few months that when I get to a point where I want to sit down and read...it feels good. I am a BIG reader usually...but when the spirit doesn't move you...and then returns.
And while I'm on the subject of books, here's a few of the books I picked up last Saturday at the big sale.
Mostly Mittens: Ethnic Knitting Designs from Russia
Vintage Notions: An Inspirational Guide to Needlework, Cooking, Sewing, Fashion and Fun
Barbara Brackman's Encyclopedia of Applique: 2000 Traditional and Modern Designs, Updated History of Applique, Five New Quilt Projects!
Adventure & Applique
Stitch Style Hats: 20 Fashion Knit and Crochet Patterns
Got all these books really marked down for a few dollars each- great fun.
Anyhow, will be back with more art tomorrow.

No comments: