Saturday, June 11, 2011

Raining...

Its raining pretty hard here...not surprised since Motor Cycle Week starts and they always seem to have icky weather for this. I am suppose to work this afternoon at the lake...but we don't work if it rains...so I'm guessing I won't be going in. In a way that's ok...in another way I was hoping to make some fun money. Oh well, its only June and my grass is drying out so we do need rain! Plus I ran about this morning to get to the PO and get some groceries so now if I'm home the rest of the day is MINE! Love that since yesterday was a long work day with graduation-which was really nice-but then I buzzed home and watched the Bruins lose 1-0 to the Canucks...not what we wanted with the Stanley Cup in such close reach.
So here's a couple of pages I made in a book for my friend who just turned 50 and is having us down this summer for a few days out on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Have never been there...should be fun  (plus it gave me a good excuse to get a new bathingsuit-LOL). The top spread is made by stamping a Hero Arts backgrounder onto white watercolor paper. Then I added the torquoise paper, made the plaid pocket with a die cut and added some punched  seashore trim with a Martha Stewart punch. The words are from Technique Tuesday/Studio AE and the horizontal tape is Tim Holtz. I added the 7Gypsies gaffer tape to the punched edge to give it a little more suppose strength and to finish it off. I'm not sure if my friend with journal, add photos or even cover over the page-though why-it's great unless you're someone who can't stand uneven.
This spread (I admit the right is a bit small compared to the left) started with this striped yellow/sun paper. I attached that to watercolor paper and edged the pages with some smooth side of stripped cardboard. I stamped the cardboard with this Technique Tuesday/Allie Edwards stamp-its from a kids set but I love this saying for any age. Then I made the tage from some of the scraps of the sun paer, adding a reinforcer, some die cut starfish and the saying which is another TT?Allie Edwards stamp from the beach set. The punch edge is reinforced with some blue stripe paper that was leftover from the striped paper I put over the covers...since I used a board book and wanted to dress it up a bit.
Anyhow, hope there's sun in your Saturday...whether it's literal or figurative.


No comments: