Sunday, June 12, 2011

Washout

So this weekend will be a total wash-out with rain, I guess. No walking for me. I can't sleep this morning though...which is such a pain...since it's a dark wet morning and sleep is the perfect thing. Maybe its the 22 pound cat who is stretched out horizontally between Dave and I, squishing me out of my space.
So yesterday didn't make it to work but did make a big pot of French onion soup, did get my 2 graduation cards made, took a nice nap, and did scrap 4 pages in my California travel journal. I did watch the Michael Jackson movie that came out a year and a half ago (we have a free HBO/Starz weekend this weekend!) and I did start knitting a Fair Isle cap for myself. A very good day all around. Today I should clean a bit and play in the studio and grade some tests and I will most likely want a nap since I've been up a bit. And I want to finish my Sookie book since I got NO time to read at all last week.
So yesterday I showed you a couple of spreads in the beach book I made my friend...and here's the cover...I did add some antiques eyelets to the 4 corners which did not get photographed and did finish it off a lot I think. I also left the big center tag blank so she could write in whatever her little heart desired. I covered the boardbook with this great striped paper and used tourquoise duct tape on the binding. All the other items are die cuts in various papers.
The is the front page which I made by first watercolor painting some watercolor paper. I added some colored Copic details, stamped the grass (Tatterred Angels), added the saying and also added a die cut moon which I used white metallic Viva Gold paint on. Then I used black ink to distress and slightly darken since the saying is more about walking on the beach in the moonlight. I really like this page.
This is a double spread that is also watercolor painted and then a few Copic highlights added. I stamped the trees in brown (Tattered Angels- it their COOL GIANT beach set) and then also watercolored and Copic colored them. The saying is a new one from Stampendous about walking barefoot in the sand, and I put in a few reinforcers to hold the holes better.
Finally today I did this FUN beach page. I covered both watercolor sheets with light blue polka dot paper. I added the striped and polka dot 7Gypsies tape and the stamped and colored bathingsuit pieces (CHF/Kim Hughes) and the shells which are a die-cut. The saying is Allie Edwards/Technique Tuesday. My friend is pretty creative herself and she might want to fix up the pages...which she can to make them more her. I do feel bad as there was one spread that didn't match at all once I put the book together...I try to keep things even but...sometimes art just does what it wants to do! I'm sure you all know that if you do art.
So since no one is up yet I am going to keep babbling here-and those who know me know I'm GOOD at that.
So there's a commercial for some computer technology that talks about the most amazing thing you've ever seen. So I've been thinking about that- and since I LOVE lists, here's something I've come up with...though I must admit I have seen a lot of amazing things-major and minor-big and small-important and trivial...
Amazing Sights
1-a new born baby right when she was being born
2-the loss of life on a face after their last breath (a very sad one, I KNOW but it is kind of amazing have life can just leave a body-well maybe not amazing but memorable)
3-love in my hubby's eyes
4-a bald eagle with a fish in its mouth that landed just 50 or so feet away from me at Seawall, Acadia National Park, Maine
5-the light that comes on when someone finally gets something
6-the loving look in a dog or cats eyes when you baby talk to them
7-the northern lights out over the ocean from Thunderhole, Acadia National Park, Maine
8-a black bear sitting with his legs out through some arm chairs under my bird feeder having a feast-my house
9-the owl and turkeys about my birdfeeder and those birds that appear as a surprise, like a bluebird once.
10-some of the most amazing places I've been lucky enough to travel to-too many to list but here's some highlights
11-sunrise at the Grand Canyon
12-the view from the TOP of thje Eiffel Tower
13-Pompeii and those ancient chariot ruts
14-Is it register cliff where the Oregon Trail riders did their grafitti
15-seeing President Obama speak-not so much his speech but to think I was a few feet away from the President of the US-that is amazing
16-sunset on Rust Pond, NH
17-sunrise from Cadillac Mountain, Acadia National Park
18-flying over the Alps which were covered in snow
19-seeing something new and beautiful
20-so famous art and thinking about the people who actually made them
21-seeing historical items...like the Constitution..I think its amazing to see things and like with the artists, to think about the people who created the items and their time and place
22- my own art when I make something I just LOVE
23-being on a fishing boat once and having about 200 dolphins go by us and under us
24-snorkeling the reefs in St. John Virgin Islands
25-why I'm a biologist, tide pooling as a kid in Maine and finding starfish and sea urchins and seeing seals and seeing sea cucumbers, sand dollars...
I've seen SO many amazing things...as I keep thinking...I come up with more and more.
Happy Sunday everyone!


No comments: