Friday, September 23, 2011

10 Things Right Now

It's Friday so here is my 10 things right now list.
1- It is pay day and I am very excited for some cash inflow, even though I am still in summer (when I don't get paid bi-weekly-I get a check the last day of school and have to budget, which never goes 100% as far as it should) catch up mode.
2-It is the first day of fall which is exciting in a way, because I love fall and the changes it brings, and being in school I want it to be fall and not summer, but in another way it is a melancholy time and I miss summer and I know winter is ahead, and I am not a big fan of winter.
3-I am having a blast making Halloween cards this past week. My studio is all picked up (love it!) except in the closet where I have put my bin of Halloween stamps and now they are all over the floor, but in the closet they are out of the way. Part of the fun is using stamps that I don't use most of the rest of the year and I love rediscovering them. Plus, let's face it, there something fun about Halloween-it is like I give myself permission to make weird art.
4-I am ready for a couple of sleep in days.
5- I am excited about going to the Nascar race on Sunday. Hope it doesn't rain!
6-My hot tub is back working, it hasn't had hot water all summer because the electrical system needed some work since it is about 7 years old and the chipmunks got into gnawing  the wiring over that time (Guess it's nice and warm for them in by the electrical heater)....BUT Dave finished fixing it last weekend and I shocked it so it is clean and
NOW  it is so nice on cool nights to go out and relax right before bed...I even sleep better.
7- I need my headlights on -already the mornings are getting that much darker!!!!!- when I drive to work...at least part of the way.
8-The Amazing Race starts back up again on Sunday night on NBC. I like end my weekend watching that, gives me something to make Sunday night a little less hectic (getting ready for the week back to work) and relaxing.
9-I am thinking this list really sounds like fall is arriving. Oh you should see the leaves, still mostly green BUT there's a lot more splashes of red, yellow and orange than last week.
10- I want to order a couple of books off of Amazon, a British cookbook, a scrapbooking book, a book by Peter Mayle. I love using their used book service and finding inexpensive reads. And I want some of the new stencils from Crafter's Workshop. There are some very cool ones! (Chevrons and punchinella...henna hands...oh so many others....) BUT, I really don't want to spend a lot of cash right now. I am in saving (ha-ha) mode.
+++++
So I wanted to add a card today too, so here we go, a fun card using Paper Smooches stamps. I added the background paper onto the blue cardstock. I did use sme white distress stain to mellow out the tone of the bckground, and I did add some colored doodled border to that paper. Then I stamped the images on white, colored them and added them to the card. Finally I added the news flash words. I don't know what the news flash is (maybe that FALL IS HERE), but I like how the mouse is looking at the tv and how the deer looks a little confused, just kind of different I guess. Next weekend Paper Smooches has their Octoebr releases, and they look pretty fun...a set of birdies, some coffee/tea stamps....hmmm...all we've seen is the sneak peeks, but they do look like a lot of fun there.
Anyhow...
Happy Friday....
and thanks for visiting.

No comments: