Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Back to the Routine

Sad the weekend is over but it was a GREAT weekend. I feel quite refreshed and ready to get back into the real work routine-four days this week. I know I'll be looking for a vacation in about 2 weeks when the grind of the routine starts to get to me, but hey, I have a job I like so I am not trying to sound like I'm complaining. I miss Katie terrribly now that she is back to school, but I will work past this.
On the GOOD news, I have OODLES of photos of all kind of things to show you over the next week or two.
So today, some of the scrap journal pages I am working on for my North Carolina, OBX book from this past summer. (OH to say this past summer...it is PAINFUL!)
I love doing my pages on watercolor paper which I "art up" and then punch and put in a 3 ring binder. I don't do them all this way, but I do quite a few this way since I LOVE big photos and this way also gives me some good SOLID workable paper to paint, stain, etc.
So this page above called Beach Bum. Watery paper first, trimmed to size. Holes punched. I took this little beach stamp saying from a set by Darkroom Door and stamped it mutliple times. Then I added some thin blue paper sticker trim and then my loving hubby's photo from the beach. I added the sticker words above his head and the 3 blue stars (7Gypsies). Then I punched out a white circle and Ranger Distress stained it brick red and then stamped the Life is good (7Gyspies) and embossed it in yellow to match the beach bum stickers. Then one little embossed starfish which I cut out and added a bit of darker brown stain to the brown paper.

OK, a little different beach view. Of course what's a day at the beach without beach chairs-these holding some people's place-which seems to be common down on the OBX beaches. I added the sticker words (Hot Off the Press) right to the photo. I used some more Darkroom Door shell stamps in various colors to the bottom of a white page.  I kept the page white, there's enough other colors so why not keep it white? Anyhow, I attached the photo at a slight angle and added this little saying I had from EK Success. Then I took some of those Hot Off the Press stickers, this time 3 little seahorses and some bubbles- which I colored in, et voila!

Love this page. I started by using brown ink and stenciling in the starfish using a Crafter's Worlshop template. Then I used the Antique Linen stain over the whole page. Once dry I added this COOL postcard I bought in DUCK, OBX. Finally 3 small Hot Off the Press starfish stickers and colored in the space in the sticker with a Copic marker.

Last page for today! I started using a Tim Holtz Papillon stamp in brown ink stamped several times and then after that I stamped the Tim Holtz Floral Tattoo stamp in the corners. I used a sheet from the Tweety Jill Ocean paper set and then I put down my photo of the seagrass and  beach. I added little bits of 7Gypsies paper tape and I little postcard froman  EKSucess travel ephemera set. Finally I die cut the 3 little starfish, distressed them and added them before putting some blue gemstones along the outer right hand edge of the page.
Need I explain any more.
Thanks for visiting.

No comments: