Monday, November 14, 2011

I don't want it to be Monday

I will go to work, and I don't mind going to work, and I am thankful for a good job and I actually like my job, BUT, I really wish I could stay home and putter and poke and play in the studio. Yesterday I officially made my first Christmas items, 3 cards using Artistic Outpost's Christmas set Frosty and Friends. It was so MUCH FUN to pull out one of my Christmas bins- I have 3-although one is just winter stamps like snowmen and snowflakes- and all I want to do is stay home today and go back and play some more. Once I get some photos and load them onto the computer, I will show you my endeavors. I am in a real homebody mode lately...cooking, cleaning, reading, knitting and playing in the studio. I get in these modes every now and again, when I wish I could be a full time artist and just make things and a full time house wife and stay home and cook , but then that goes away and I am back to be the career woman who makes herself a bit of cash.
I will be perkier later today when I get back into the swing of work and when I get over the fact that this weekend just went by SOOOOOOOOOO fast.
The good thing is this week should be a bit quieter than last week, and hopefully I will stay on the cold improvement track.
So here's a different kind of Thanksgiving card. (Can you imagine, next week?) A pink Thanksgiving card!
I started with pink cardstock and some lighter pink cardstock. I die cut the frame with the lighter pink cardstock and attached it. Then inside the oval I stamped the word (Paper Smooches-Chit Chat set) Thanks which I then colored in orange and used the same orange Copic marker to draw trace a line around the inside of the oval. Then I used a small multi-star stamp I have and some white ink t stamp the stars on the outside of the frame.
Then I stamped the turkey (Kim Hughes' Thanksgiving set from the former company Cornish Heritage Farms-but did you hear they got bought out and are reopening this upcoming Friday-the 19th?) on white and also onto the card. The one I stamped on the card is more a guideline and so the feet will be there and look in proportion with the body in front of them. The turkey on white I colored and then cut out and attached. Finally, I added the rest of the saying which is from the same Paper Smooches stamp set as the Thanks.
Anyhow, I hope you feel more positive about your day than I am feeling right now, and I want to thank you for visiting.


No comments: