Monday, December 19, 2011

Count Down to Christmas


Yesterday I made a bunch of pages for my holiday journal but I need to photograph them...maybe when I get home today. But here's a few pages I haven't shown you, back from turkey day weekend when we went to get our tree.
I love to top page. I usedsome older Martha Stewart background paper ( from last year) and I took some white paper and cut it into 2 pieces and then used the Tim Holtz bark embossing folder and embossed both. Then I took a brown ink pad and rubbed it over the embossing to give it that brown affect. Then I added the photo and the piece of black and white striped paper tape (7Gypsies). The words (7Gypsies) are stamped and white and also distressed with brown ink and then I added some brass metal stars and a dab of gold Viva Paint Pen on the tops of the gold charms.
The bottom page is smaller and simpler in some ways. I put green polka dot paper on some watercolor paper. The paper is from Echo Park's dots and stripes collection. Then I added the photo and outlined it with black sharpie. I used eyelets on the corners- but before all that I die cut the half doily using Tim Hltz's on the edge die and I used some Spellbinder's dies from their poinsettia set to make the flower...and put a few dots of Viva paint pen yellow to make the center. And I more little word stamp (Hero Arts).
So it is Monday again- I have a choppy week but still a busy week since we have school on Friday-the 23rd for half a day.  I really need a snowday right now to get caught up on my last few holiday items, but whether I'll take a day or not I am not sure. And on the 23rd we are doing dinner with my in-laws and then going to my family on the 24th. This week will fly by, and I am trying to cut back and be in a mery jolly holiday place. I want an easy wrap up kind of week. And then it is Christmas and I am on vacation!!!!!!
Have a great day.

No comments: