Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Different Point of View

Last month I showed you a card using this snowman stamp from Artistic Outpost. Here's another one, a bit different. I don't know, but it could use some bling I think.
I used red cardstock, printed holiday paper, and some heavy cardtsock I embossed with this Sizzix embossing folder and then I used Viva Inka-Gold metallic rub in a platinum white color. I die cut the word Joy with some silver metallic paper using a Sizzix die and then I added some Viva dimensional paint with a Paper Pen. I like this card in person, but I still think a little bling for the holidays...maybe a snowflake...
Check out the Artistic Outpost web site for some fun stamps...
So here's a few Holiday Journal pages to show you...today some of my critters. Well 2 of the 3. My little female cat, Emma, isn't included because she just does her own thing most of the time when we're all together in a picture taking place.
I created this tag for a photo (see below) of my puppy dog Harley. Quite simple but I am using it as title. I took a tag, doodled the words (a favorite technique lately) which I then colored, I cut out the heart freehand  and stamped the woof in it, I stamped the paws and the the words along the bottom of the page (Elsie Flannigan stamps from eons ago when she designed scrap book paraphenalia). Then I added a bit of 7Gypsies tape and I brushed some brown ink with a stenciling brush.
I know, this page isn't much. But I like to alternate my art pages with just plain photos to keep it interesting when you look through the book. This photo I printed and left a white border, which I wrote in what I think Harl is thinking as he walks-love this silly photo. I am always going around speaking what I think my animals are thinking based on their actions, so there is some scrapbook memory appeal to this.

And here is my cat Leo  while we put up and decorate the tree (he is facing away because it is not about him but notice he is still in the room-in hopes of it becoming about him). I used some flowery background paper and a strip of white paper on the left side of the photo. I used yellow ink and stamped smaller versions of meow all over th e strip (Hero Arts stamp) and then I used this bold Autumn Leaves Meow stamp and colored in the middle red. I added yellow tape (7Gypsies) and stamped this border from the same Autumn Leaves set the big meow is from. Then I added the little stamp image from Art Chix and some red Viva Paint Pen dots and lastly-but never leastly- I wrote in what I think Leo is thinking here.
So the cold is really here- not terible cold-days get into the high 30's low 40's but the nights have been about 20-25 and chilly. I guess with winter almost here...it arrives on the 20th...
Stay warm!

No comments: