Monday, December 12, 2011

The Weekend I Needed

I had the best weekend-I caught up on those little things in life enough to feel successful and I feel rested and like I had enough fun to be ready to go back to work. I just have to keep reminding myself it is still just about 2 weeks until Christmas-that keeps me from feeling stressed about things I still need to do! What a relief!
Here's a tag page I made for my holiday journal last week. I love it. I used some sparklely green background paper as well as some striped paper from Echo Park. To make the tag I used an old Hero Arts holiday words background stamp and some light green ink. Then I used the Sizzix/Hero Arts stamp -die cut set to cut the trees and the reindeer. Then I stamped the words (7Gypsies) and the postmark (also 7Gypsies). Then I added some colorful yarn and an October Afternoon pepermint pin-top.
So yesterday I made some tags-Erika's versions of Tim Holtz's 12 tags of Christmas. No, I am certainly not Tim Holtz, and I didn't really follow his tag instructions carefully but I used several of his techniques. I made 5 tags...and would love to make some more.

Here they are on my MESSY work table, will show you them another day.
 I will wait until after the holidays before I clean up this disaster zone since I am still using all those items...plus it is a good way to start off the new year, with a clean studio.
You can see my closet studio area and all my holiday stamps spread out over the floor. I love Christmas stamps...and I have over 10 years worth. I do a clean out every so often and sell off a few....but I have a hard time getting rid of them since Christmas stamps are one of my favorite kind of stamps.
And yesterday I also played in the kitchen. You can see I made some holiday dried fruit bread.
And I made a big crock of chili that will be ready for tonight's dinner.
It was fun to be creative in the kitchen and something I really wanted to do.
So yesterday was great after Saturday's busy chore day. I needed some of both, and it was great to get them!
So now we start another week-keep your finger's crossed Friday will be a good day since I am going to take some kids to Boston on a field trip. Hopefully, it won't be a super stressed week or super busy...just a normal week, that's all I want right now.
Hope your week is al you want too.
Until tomorrow!

No comments: