Saturday, January 7, 2012

Big Day!

Tonight's the BIG game. I am excited, especially since it is not going to be TOO COLD! Well, it will be cold but it won't be too awful-I hope!
It's also Katie's first trip to Fenway Park. If you don't know about Fenway Park- it's a historical baseball park in Boston- Home of the Boston RedSox.

So I'm also meeting my friend Vicky for lunch today first. I am very excited...it should be an excitng and fun day! There won't be much studio time today but tomorrow-that is my plan. I went to my fav. craft store yesterday to use 1 of my coupons and bought some FUN new supplies- actually quite a few- including a Sizzix Heart die set (maybe make some Valentines), some hard pages to use in my travel journal which I need to put together for our February trip, a few 50% Christmas/holiday stamps and a couple new Hero Arts sets-including the clig set with all the Parisian/French stamps which I LOVE!
Can't wait.
So here's a card for today which I made on Monday when I had the bonus holiday off.

This is a great simple card that I am really happy with. I bought a couple of sets of Crafty Secrets stamps from their website (they're all on sale) a while back. Did you know they're not going to be doing their stamps on a CD and not as clear stamps anymore?
Anyhow...I started with green cardstock which I ran through the BigKick with this great tree embossing folder by Tim Holtz/Sizzix. I love how it leaves this impression on the card-never tried this before.  Then on white paper I stamped the house  and colored with both Copics and colored pencils...Love how it came out. I then took a bit of black ink and a brush and distressed the house a bit...I did that because it should be night or dusk since there's an owl in this picture, but I still wanted the colors to be really bright. I attached it and finally stamped the saying from the same Crafty Secrets set. Quite simple, BUT I think it looks great. You know me...I'm not a load it up with embellishment kind of gal.
Happy Saturday!


No comments: