Monday, January 16, 2012

Holiday Journal Peeks

As I write this my holiday journal is not quite finished-and I want it to be...but it is Sunday night and I just came down from the studio as I  was getting frustrated with my results. What happens is I then get hyper-focus on those not so fantastic pages...and that's bad. This is when you need a little space between you and the project. So I came back downstairs and decided to write today's post. 
Here's some pages that are done that I photographed the other morning when I had a delay. Since I was using my happy light...there's a bit of a glare on some photos. Nothing better than natural light but in Northern New England in winter, you don't always get a lot of that.
This page uses some paper, some Smash tape, a die cut heart and some stickers / ephemera from October Afternoon's Christmas set.
Love this page. I used the new lens I got for Christmas to get this snap of a holiday tag. I love this paper from October Afternoon. I used some aluminum tape and stamped the tire tracks (it might be Gel-a-tins but I don't think so). Trying to think of the names of some of these old stamp companies you never see any more.
Anyhow...the out of this world saying is from Cornigh Heritage Farm and the santa claus is coming to town is an old Limited Edition stamp. The december in the tag is from a recent Studio AE/Technique Tuesday stamp and the number stickers are also from October Afternoon.
Fun page here. I used Martha Stewart Paper, 3 Technique Tuesday images, a piece of Smash Book tape, a Cavalinni santa sticker, some ribbon and a white button.
Another page I'm really happy with. I used October Afternoon paper, the photo which I garnished with some diecuts (Marianne Crafts) and then hung some pre-made glitter paper ornaments-that I embellished with some Stickles. The little red glitter tree at the bottom is also from the same collection as the ornaments, the Santa sticker is October Afternoon and the stamped words is 7Gypsies.
Finally, this journaling page. The chevron paper is October Afternoon-Love it! The fringe is stamped with a Flourishes' Stamp. The celebrate is from a Studio AE/Technique Tuesday stamp set. The N in the circle is from an Autumn Leaves alphabet set and the skaters are a sticker from October Afternoon. I die cut the 2 scalloped circles (Sizzix) and journaled in the words.

Did I show you this knitting book I bought from Amazon and that I am going to read?
Favorite Mittens
I've been knitting Fair Isle hats lately and am ready to move on to some heritage mittens. This book has lots of patterns from old time Maine and Atlantic Canada. There's next of my list of new things to experiment with and learn. Love ethnic of heritage knitting.
Well, I am off today for the Martin Luther King holiday. Maybe I'll get back into the studio and finish this journal today.
Have an artful day and thanks for visiting.

No comments: