Thursday, January 19, 2012

Journal Pages- Fresh Salt Air

Some more pages from my holiday journal. If you read this blog you might remember the hubby and I went down to the ocean one afternoon over our holiday vacation and enjoyed some fresh salty air. These are some of the photos I included in my album and the pages I built around them.
This top snapshot is the actual photo printed out-I cut around the photo paper, stamped this great coffee ring stain image (Postmodern Design) stamped the words. I like to add in plain photo pages-the photos left right on the print paper, they break up the book.
I was playing with my new macro lens and I took this of this cool geological survey marker.  I love the colors and the texture in this photo. I like the page too, but the shadow when I took this photo is Pretty Bad. I did manage to use this barb wire texture embossing plate on the left and I took some embossed heavy plastic packaging and then cut it into these cool little circles. I like how this piece is so clean and white...just a tad bit of staining to give it an old distressed look in the top corners using some very light green ink and a Crafter's Workshop template.
This page makes me smile. It's fun to do a montage- very commercial looking page-so magazine-ish. I combined a bunch of similar beach photos, some pieces of tan die cut paper (they were the insides of a window die I had used) and I stamped the little circle image (Autumn Leaves and Hero Arts) on the bottom corner.
Shell photo. That's what the beach is all about. Since I was a dark cloudy day I started by using a Crafter's Workshop template  and some black ink to stencil the dark clouds all over. And then I used some pink ink (to match the pink in the shell of the photo BUT in our lovely northern lack of light, you can't make out the pink. I used a die cut tag (Spellbinders) and wrote out the journalling, but used a Technique Tuesday stamp to stamp the Tuesday work. I added a few Viva paint pen dots on the edge of the tag and then I stamped the 27 with some Autumn Leaves clear number stamps.
Paint dabs and paint streaks, some 7Gypsies tape, a Hero Arts Christmas stamp saying stamped several times, my little berry photo, a Stamper's Anonymous little B stamp -it really says Beau Arts but you don't see that part since I covered it with a chipboard  ring which I painted with some Viva Gold creamy paint in Lava Red. Not sure I like this page-at least how it photographed.
So thanks for visiting and checking out my art.

No comments: