Monday, January 9, 2012

Last Full Week of the Quarter

Next week at school exams start on Thursday...and we have next Monday off for Martin Luther King Day, so this is my last 5 day week and I need to make a push to finish up my classes.
Wow!
Means a bit of concentrated work this week, but looks like it is not going to be a bad week weather wise and so most likely no snow days (which is good) and so work should get finished without a lot of things to throw off the momentum. This week is a very quiet week on my calendar too, so depending how insane work gets...it could be an actually relaxing week and maybe I can finish up my holiday journal which I really really want to do. And read more of my Darwin book which I really want to do too.
I worked all afternoon yesterday in the studio which was so much fun...and I was on a roll and did a bunch of pages in my holiday journal. I knew I wouldn't finish, but I hoped to be really really close to that point. Instead I just got close, but then that's ok. I just don't want to be so sick of working on it that I put it away unfinished-because then it will never get done.
Here's a card I made last weekend.

No the right edge is NOT cut off...that's how the card looks.
I really like the freshness and the colors of this car. The cool texture too.
So I took pink cardstock and ran an embossing folder on the middle right side with my Sizzix BigKick. Then I took white pigment ink and rubbed it over the texture. On white paper I stamped the bunny, deer and bird (Stampington-StoryBook Village by Purnima Girouard). Then I colored them with Copics and cut them out. I die cut the oval on green printed paper and then using a white pen I doodled the edge of the oval. To assemble- I used some black polka dot Smash Book tape to make the border. Then I attached the green oval and the animals. (I did stamp the bird directly onto the card so the feet would be there and then glued down my colored and cut out bird over that. Easier than cutting around the feet.) Then I stamped the saying (Crafty Secrets-their old fashioned bug set) and then I took this fun holiday-ish white fringe and ran it around the card.
A good cheery Monday card and I how I feel about the weekend we just had...sorry to see it go.
Happy Monday!


No comments: