Monday, January 2, 2012

More Holiday Scrap Journal

Exciting news! I discovered I am the referral winner for December from Artistic Outpost. What a great way the start the new year!
I thought I had  gotten past the holidays- spent a good chunk of New Years Day (yesterday) cleaning up the Christmas tree and putting all the boxes back into the attic for another 11 months. But I guess the holidays aren't over just quite yet- since I am working on my holiday journal and have a few holiday pages to show you.
What I really like about this page are the snowflakes on the background. I used a Crafter's Workshop template and first stenciled with blue ink and then before I removed the stencil went over it with silver ink. I also did a bit of digital imaging with my snow photo using my photoshop elements program to put the frame around the picture. I love the blue on this page-the Big ruler is by Postmodern Design and since we got 3 inches of snow, it was perfect. I just wish my journaling wasn't quite so bland.
Here's a close up of the Melissa Francis tag that I used on the page.

Here's a tag in a clear acetate pocket I made by cutting up a page holder and using red-line glue to close it in and adding some white mini-ball fring to the bottom. This gives you a glimpse of how my album looks.
I really like this page...I did a little more digital photo playing with my Elements program of this picture of the light snow we had on Christmas day. I did a bit of paper layering-using some October Afternoon paper and some dark blue paper I had in my stash. I stamped the words (Dawn Houser/Inkadinkado) and used some chipboard elements from  October Afternoon. Finally, a few blue Viva dimensional paint dots.

Finally, while we're on a snow theme...here's a tag I made for the start of winter. I used some silver striped which I first brished white Stcikles over and let dry. Then I added some aluminum tape (the plain old hadrware store variety) and with a stylus wrote in the word winter which I distress with some black Staz-On just a bit and then overwrote the letters with a white pen. To make the design element at the top, I die cut 2 snowflakes from scraps of the same silver paper I used on the tag and overlayed them to get the petal effect. Then I added a music button (October Afternoon). I die cut from blue sparkle paper  a fringed circle (a piece from the Sizzix Ornament die #2) and cut off pieces of the fringe to make the little sparklely petals sticking out in betwen the snowflake ends. The silver plastic snowflakes (like the blue ones on the top page) are from a little bag of snowflakes I bought at Wal-Mart.  I used an ancient little mini-stamp to put in the let it snow words and I wrote in the 21. Finally, I added some glittery white ribbon and some crystal clear beads at the top. This tag in in the same clear acetate holder that the tag above is in. You can really see the white ball fringe in this photo.
Here's a close up of the design element. I really like this element!
So it is great to have today off...one more day...makes the work week a bit shorter and gives you a fun day...after getting all the clean up finished yesterday. Not sure what's on the agenda yet...maybe just some more time to get closer to finishing this holiday album...hope to have it done shortly so I can move on to other things.
Have a great day!

No comments: