Thursday, January 26, 2012

Year of the Dragon

I missed the Chinese New Year by a couple of days- the year of the dragon started this past Monday, 1/23.
To celebrate I made this card on Sunday (which was right on time). I used this pretty cardstock and stamped first this Chinese Horiscope image from Postmodern Design using Distress Embossing Powder in Vintage Photo as a background image. Then I added the 2 Chinese word stamps (another oldie but goodie by Hero Arts) in black. I LOVE this dragon stamp-it is one of the first stamps I ever bought about 12-13 years ago and it is made by Hot Potatoes. I stamped it on white water color paper (using the smooth side) using red ink, then I cut it out and attached it. I stamped the words (Cats Life Press) and then used some Mango colored ink to distress the whole front of the card. Finally I added this single clock hand (Tim Holtz/Sizzix) cut on cardboard and added a bronze colored Viva paint pen dot inside.
So I survived my first day with new classes and decided which one(s) are going to need to to put my foot down and get them serious about biology. But since I woke up early with a bit of new class nerves I spent most of last night half asleep on the couch...plus Dave was out and that didn't help stimulate me to stay awake.
So what is on your Thursday agenda? I am off to work once again, day 2 of the new semester...hopefully my classes will be as good as yesterday.
Thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

Emily Leiphart said...

What a fab New Year's card, Erika! Thanks for celebrating the Lunar Year of the Dragon!