Monday, February 20, 2012

No Holiday for Me

Here in the US it is President's Day holiday weekend, and lots of people have today off. Not me, but not complaining since in 5 days I am on VACATION!!!! Can't wait.
So my last vacation trip was this past summer to the Outer Banks of North Carolina. I am wrapping up my scrap journal pages from that journey...been working on them off and on since the end of the summer.  Yesterday I made a couple of pages that I just loved the results, so I am going to share those with you today.
I had those photo of this egret...with a bit of egret shadow. I wanted to make it a nature kind of page...and I am very happy how this turned out. I started with white watercolor paper and attached an old book page to it. Then I added some 7Gypsies paper tape with the black horizontal stripes.  Then I added a die cut shell (Cuttlebug) and a small white die cut shell (Sizzix). I have these Hero Arts feather stamps, and I stamped them in black Staz-On on acetate. I trimmed them down and attached them, and I love the results.  Finally I added this little pin design from Darcie's.
Oh and I forgot, the stamped saying at the top from an older Tweety Jill stamp set.
Here's a close-up. Ignore the shadow lines- I took these photos on my window sill and there's a bit of a shadow...time to wash my windows (eeek!) I guess.

This page I made because I wanted a little pouch to hold my travel guide brochure. I used this cool textured craft colored paper that I recycled from some packaging that some supplies that arrived in at work.I tore off a piece and taped down the edges...then added this paper tape. On the left edge I added some Stickles blue dots. I also added this 7Gyspies tag with the edge riped off, some baker's twin and a couple of art stamps by ArtChix.
Here's a close up of these images too.
So if you're enjoying a three day weekend, I hope it is great. Even if you're not...have a fabulous day!
And thanks for visiting my blog.

No comments: