Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A Couple of Simple Cards

Today I am showing you a couple of cards using stamps using Unity Stamps.  I went specifically for simple cards, plain with not a lot of fuss or added extras.
Above I used a Unity Stamp of the Week. I started with white card stock and  brushed some aquamarine ink on it. Then I stamped the rainbow image (love this one) twice, once on the card itself and once on white paper. I colored the rainbow on the white paper and then cut that out and attached it to the card. Then I used pearl white Viva paint pen.to puff up the clouds on the card. I stamped the sentiment that came with the rainbow stamp.
Here's a Unity Stamp-from their Itty Bitty Collection. The saying and the chair with the umbrella at least. I stamped the chair and umbrella directly onto the card. I colored the yellow part of the chair and also the brown pole on the umbrella. I also stamped the image on white paper. I colored with Copics and cut out the blue part of the chair. Then I attached it to the card, I did the same thing with the umbrella.
Then I stamped the little blue dot lines (Paper Smooches) and the sun (also Paper Smooches). The sun was stamped on white paper, colored and cut out. Once attached I used some Viva paint pen-glass effects  in yellow on the sun.  
So yesterday it was so HOT!!! When I got home my car thermometer said it was 91 degrees. 91!!!!! The house was hot, school was hot....This morning we're at 64 at 5 a.m.  Yeeks. No AC out yet. Sweating a bit here.
When I came home I sat on the screen porch and finished reading my Katherine Hepburn book since it was like 100 degrees in the studio and just too hot to work.
Here's my next book.
French Lessons: Adventures with Knife, Fork, and Corkscrew
Maybe just wishing I was leaving for France this weekend when my vacation starts-LOL-
actually I am thrilled to be staying home for the week.
They say 10 degrees cooler today.
YEAH!!! 



No comments: