Monday, April 9, 2012

A New Week Begins


Here is a snipped from a tag I made a while back while playing with alcohol inks. I really liked this butterfly which I made by just dripping various alcohol inks onto glossy paper. Then I stamped the butterfly in black ink over this and cut it out. Love the way it makes the butterfly kind of shiny.
The words are from a Dylusions stamp set....stamped on white paper and then cut out.
Here's a bit more of that tag.
Thought the wording was good for a Monday.
Or for Sunday evening when I am writing this.
. It was a good weekend-flew by for me. Did everyone have a nice Easter? I cooked a yummy pork roast  and we had some strawberries and angel food cake with real hand whipped cream-Yum! Had a nice little dinner with my family, my mother-in-law and Katie's boyfriend.
My kind of Easter. 
Our new tv also arrived this weekend and we set it up. We've had this old fashion boxey 27 inch tv and now we have this 46 inch flat screen which is so gigantic compared to what we had. Watching this Frozen Planet  show on the Discover Channel-wow. Shows like this really look so much more fantastic in a BIG view. 
Also this weekend I did some hotel booking for our summer trip. Man, getting a hotel in Banff and Jasper ,Alberta, Canada is expensive-yes, I know it is July and peak season. But glad I booked since things seemed to be filling up. We booked a trip to go to Glacier National Park in Montana last year and decided to extend  it a few days to go up to the Canadian Rockies-which we've heard are just gorgeous.  
Can't wait to go. But glad I have my general trip planned...except for our first and last nights in Spokane, Washington where we fly into and out of, all our hotels are booked. 
More about that later.
I actually had NO school work to even think about this weekend which was great. And today, I go back to a busy day with a big assembly on bullying in the morning and a staff meeting after school. This week will be a busy one I think...
But only 10 more work days until my vacation!
So hope your Monday is smooth and more like a Friday.
Have a great  day. 




No comments: