Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Scooting by to Say Hi


I am really happy with this card I made. It cracks me up.
I started with blue card stock and then stamped the reverse honeycomb in grey and aqua inks. This is a stamp I made myself using a technique I learned in Creative Chemistry. You heat up some Ranger foam and then press it into a stamp and make a stamp that is the reverse. I just thought the background needed a little something.
Then I stamped the scooter from Paper Smooches Spiffy Scooters set. I used glossy paper because I wanted to get a shiny image the way a scooter would be in real life. 
I colored the scooter in Copics and then cut it out.
The flames are from the same set. I first colored it with Copics and then added orange Spica sparkle pen to it to make it look real flamey.
I then decided the scooter needed a rider. So I looked through my Paper Smooches set and decided the money from the Smoocheroos set fit just perfect. So I stamped him on white paper, colored him with Copics and cut him out too. 
I pieced out the images on the card and decided that it looked a bit flat. So I first used a regular old pencil and put down some little dots to the road. To darken it up a bit I used a dry paintbrush and some black ink-I rubbed the black ink on with the brush and it gave a kind of light, not over-powering road. I also use a Martha Stewart grass border punch and some green paper to make the grass.
OK, attach everything so far. I added the saying from the Spiffy Scooters set. I decided the monkey still needed something so I made him a hat from a stamp in the My Peeps set. And then I attached a small sparkley heart and used a gold pen to give him a bit of bling. Just what every monkey needs, right?
The card still called out for something so I quickly doodled some clouds in black marker and cut them out.
Finally I decided that a monkey who is blinged out would also want a scooter that is sparklely and playful. So I first added some red Stickles to the red part of the scooter-I squirted some on and then took a small brush and spread them out. Then I took some hot pink Stickles and added them in a thick coat to the fenders and seat. That really gave the scooter a more 3D look which I liked.
It took me awhile to work through this card, and to be honest, I one point I didn't like it at all. Funny how if you keep at it, walk away for 20 minutes, you come back and make it one of your favorites.
Glad you stopped by.
Have a great Tuesday.



No comments: