Thursday, May 24, 2012

Warning

So here's a page that I really like. I took this photo of the for your safety sign while on our Feb. vacation. I like it because 1)I have this thing about signs and photos  2) It is so different from anything you'd ever see here in NH. Plus, I really like how this page came off. 
I started with my watercolor paper base but this time I covered it with this orange 12 x12 paper, which I then trimmed. I added this piece of  6x6 October Afternoon from their latest western set. OK, that orange strip on the left side- it is actually a piece of scrap from a Sizzix strip die cut. It cut out this loop die and found I actually like the left-overs just as much as the loops. Then I added the photo and some hiking boot stickers from Hot Off the Press peel and sticks, I colored in the blank spaces inside the stickers. The hikers at the bottom are also from the same set, they are the inside parts from a little hiking sign sticker. I like them how they are hiking across that bottom part of the page. The warning is from a set of 7Gypsies clear stamps that has some of the best sayings and all the little poison words are also from a 7Gypsies sticker set from the pharmacy style releases.


And here's another page to show you-
This is Dave through our rental car window-he was still under the weather from the horrible stomach bug he got after we arrived. But, he was actually out and about so that was worth celebrating. 
I started by giving the page a light red spray-Dylusions-boy do I LOVE those colors. Then I used this Hero Arts butterfly stamp in red all over the page.  I added my photo, did some freelance journaling and stamped the 2 images I put on the photo-the one way sign and the little tag from Autumn Leaves. Finally I die cut the 2 flowers (Sizzix) and the leaf-but the leaf I die cut out of cardboard and used some Viva Gold thick rub on paint on it. The flowers were cut on off white card stock and then inked.
So it is Thursday and we are getting closer and closer to the weekend. I can't wait. Some of the adults at work are bugging me-making plans for new "events" without calling a meeting. Some people just don't think beyond their own tip of their noses-when they are the ones who are suppose to be in charge and thinking bigger than themselves.
GRRR.
But I am going out to dinner tonight with 2 friends which should be a blast.
Have a great day!




No comments: