Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Adventure Awaits

Today I am off with a friend in her new toy-she told me to wear my sunglasses and a hat I can tie down. Does that mean she bought a convertible? Katie thinks it is one of those 3 wheeler trikes. Anyhow, we are off to Harrisville, NH-where I have never been to visit a yarn store I have never been to either. Obviously I have never been to this store if I have never been to Harrisville.
I can't wait to discover what the surprise toy is.
And it is a beautiful day.

So yesterday was busy-between a 4 hour shift at the lake, trying to do some gardening, a haircut and a few errands. Plus this week is filling up to. So much on the calendar!
But it is mostly fun things and that is what summer is all about. Having fun and getting out of the schedule. Going new places and doing things you can't do the rest of the year.
Got to love it!
Except it keeps me out of the studio.
I think when we get home from our adventure trip to Glacier I am going to make a point to try to calm down my social life.
But that sounds a little downer too.
I think I just need to give into this schedule, be thankful that I have a lot to do and can do it, and enjoy the ride.

I like to over analyse things.

The other thing is, I don't know quite why I have such a busy social life lately.
I usually don't.

I don't know quite what to make of it, to be truthful, though I don't want you to think I am complaining. Friends are wonderful to have.
I think some of it is because we have all become empty nesters.
Or when you get to this age and you realize you need to just have fun because life flies by SOOOO fast.
Not that I am really that old. Just middle aged.
And my hairdresser told me last night I am getting a lot more gray.
Just thankful I went this long without it.
LOL!

So a couple of little photos for you today. They have to do with my trip to a yarn store-of course.
So here's my latest knitting-the yarn, the start of the socks and the pattern. 
Here's a close up.
Happy Hump Day!


No comments: