Monday, August 27, 2012

Back to School

This is it. Back to school. Teacher work day.
Lots to show you once I download the photos from my phone.
I had a GREAT class with Julie Fei-Fan Balzar. Learned a lot about making some wild colored  and  background  layers. I took her altered book class, and I got lots of great ideas for making altered books. I must admit, taking a class  gets me moving in a slightly new route on the road of art. Another tacky metaphors, but taking  a good class is like taking a left or right at an intersection and not just staying straight on the usual route.  You never know where this new route will take you...
Plus I got to meet Penny, one of my blog friends. It was great to meet her, and Penny, if you are reading this, I am going to call about one of those Dina Wakely classes as soon as the store reopens on Tuesday. 
Saturday night I also went to a fun birthday party for my friend Vicky. It was more like a little dinner party, but she did not we were coming and it actually left her speechless.  We had a lovely dinner out under the stars, as one of the woman there said, it reminded her of Mama Mia (the movie). It was lovely and a lot of fun.
And then yesterday we moved Katie back to school.
I woke up incredibly sad about it, and I missed her being around the house last night, but I will get to that too.
Besides, she'll be home for the long weekend.
And today, the start of school. Teacher work day. Nerves are up. The stress level is a bit high. I will be very glad when this transition is over and the long weekend is here because by then I will be back into the groove of this.
So instead of me babbling on, here's a couple more pages from my summer journal.
I love this page. I started by spraying a bit of blue Dylusions spray ink and then using a Crafter's Workshop stencil and a blue marker. I traced various clouds on my page and then used some white paint to fill in the clouds. The paint mixed a bit with spray ink an it gave the background this really neat dreamy kind of feeling. Then I drew out these letters on some blue paper and cut them out. A bit of quick other info...
And this is what I will most likely want tonight. My background is sprayed and stenciled watercolor paper and also sprayed and stenciled 8x8 yellow paper I added to the page.
I stamped the words. And I made these fun margarita glasses.
I took a die cut and colored it with Copics.
Then I used some Glossy Accents to give it the look of glass and then I added some clear glass glitter to look like the salt.
Love it.
They're pink by the way because we had these pomegranate and blood orange margaritas and they were
DELICIOUS.   
Have a great Monday.


1 comment:

penny4thoughts said...

Hi Erika!
Going back to work after Julie's classes was not any fun - I have so many ideas in my head and I just want to stay home and play! That darn day job! Aargh! I'm so excited that we get to play together again next month, too! I'm really looking forward to it.
Penny