Sunday, August 19, 2012

Wanting to go back in time


So this is it, the last photos of my travel journal from this summer's trip. I suppose I can still show you photos I took, but it kind of means the trip is really over. (Until I do the scrap journal that is!). I guess when you get home, having the chance to blog about your trip lets you continue on it for a little bit more. Process it too. I wish I had another trip planned for-like in about 6 weeks. Travel fever is starting to eat away at me, like it does every fall when I have to go back to work and when work becomes kind of all consuming for a month or so. But alas, I don't know. Maybe February I can go away again but not sure my husband will be able to get that time off since he won't be at his new job (when he is officially offered it) very long. 
HMMM, thinking about those possibilities.
But instead of going on about the future I think I will get back to the matter at hand.
So I used this bingo board page and added this map, which I outlined our last days drive. The bear (he's so funny) was stamped, colored and cut out. He's from October Afternoon.
And a second bingo page...
And on this bingo board page I added the Sizzix/Tim Holtz globe. I stamped the saying, added the little ground squirrel and the cut out Glacier words.
I love this phrase-it is one of the new stamps from Impression Obsession. I added some stickers, some notes, and the tall tree sticker from Hot Off the Press. The page itself is from 7Gypsies.
A who goes away without a sweatshirt or jacket? My hubby forgot his and so in while freezing in the 52 degree wind on the top of Logan Pass in Glacier NP he had to go buy a sweatshirt.  I thought the tag/wrapper would be a great page and story in the book.

And on the left side is a menu for a burger place we went to (we don't have these in New Hampshire) and on the right is some graph paper pages (you can get these all set for the notebooks at Staples) which I kept notes on.
Hiking notes.
More hiking notes, on the back of a postcard.
I liked that technique and used it quite a few times.

So yesterday I had a fun adventure with Katie.
I will share with you another day.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!







No comments: