Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Altered Book

I'm pretty pokey I guess, but  I finally wrapped up the altered book I started making in a class I took on August 25th with Julie Fei-Fan Balzar. I mean, it was only 1 1/2 weeks ago. 
Here's Julie, myself and my friend Penny. You can check out her book on her blog

Let me show you some photos of my book which I finished up this past weekend.

You can see the tag better on this photo than the one above it.

One thing I really like about how my book came out was the colors. They're bright and the little splash of red I think makes them pop even brighter.
I also love that I now know how to make pages like this. I've been wanting to learn that for quite awhile. The secret is deli wraps. I even went an bought a box. They are my new favorite technique.
One last page for today. 

So yesterday we found out at school that the kids are getting Friday off since President Obama is coming to town. We don't get it off, which is mostly OK with me, but talk about throwing off the lesson planning.
I will admit I am a little bit jealous because I'd love another long weekend.
I'll be back with more of my book tomorrow.
Thanks for stopping by.


1 comment:

penny4thoughts said...

I LOVE how your book looks!! You've been having fun :-)