Saturday, October 13, 2012

Halloween Cards Flying onto this Blog

Here's not only some Halloween cards but this week's Blogger's Challenge cards. OK, the tree is a little weird. Didn't quite emboss the way I thought. It is a stamp from Paper Artsy and I was trying to emboss several times with a few different colors to make it look really like old and ragged. But I love love love this owl stamp from Rubber Stamps of America.  And I like the way the card stock came out...I stenciled the black circle explosion on another piece of paper with black acrylic paint and then use the negative image from the stencil to make this background.  Then I brushed on some black ink.
and
These birdies are  from Inkadinkado. Silly birdies. I die cut the little card and then stamped and colored. I stenciled the card stock with black acrylic paint. I used this great black and white chevron Wash tape and a sticker on an old sheet of Hallowen stickers from Making Memories.
Pretty quick and easy.
And finally, free broom rides here. Still flying in.
This card started with orange card stock. Then is used a Crafter's Workshop stencil and some black acrylic paint.  Then I die cut the giant circle with yellow check paper and sprayed it with some yellow Dylusions spray ink.
The witch is Tim Holtz' Sizzix witch in black. So is the bat, but I dressed him up in black Stickles.
Then a bit of orange paper tape and some black Viva paint pen dots.
The saying is from Jillian Vance rubber stamps.
So had a fun day out yesterday. Picked up Katie in the morning and first we drove 2+ hours down to Mom's-visited and had lunch and this yummy restaurant near her house. Then Katie and I went off and went to Wrentham, Massachusetts to go shopping at the outlets there. It was fun and too successful, but I did get some birthday and Christmas shopping out of the way.
Love that.
 (Not that I am one of those super early shoppers- but if I can get something, then I might as well take advantage of the opportunity.)
And right now, I am watching last night's Maine/Notre Dame hockey game (in  Nebraska or Kansas or some place far far away from New England) we recorded since I wasn't home until way after the game started and after it ended...granted it is all over and in the books this morning but we've been avoiding checking on-line to see who won. So I am sitting here in my hockey shirt rubbing it for luck. GO MAINE!!!!!
OK, besides a biology geek I am a hockey geek too! Just many facets of me...ha-ha-ha.
It is very exciting  hockey season has started and in 2 weeks I am off to Providence for the first live game of the year.
Anyhow, back here at home-
Cold here in New Hampshire-had to turn on the heat is was only 63 in the house...think this will be a great inside studio day for me.
Have an excellent day!
And
Thanks for visiting.






4 comments:

Gerrie Johnnic said...

What a fun post. I love, love love the owl.....the added colors almost look like it was stiched...very impressive, the others are pure fun with great stenciled bg's!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

These are all fabulous! I'm so digging that yellow banana moon, and the owl! What a fabulous scene! Great makes!!!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Something is wrong. Everytime I comment on your blog, I receive a message that my comment did not go through. I've checked your blog, and one of my comments posted but none of the others.

Juliet A said...

your stenciled backgorunds are fabulous - I love the look that they give to these cards.