Saturday, October 6, 2012

Long Weekend!!!!

I LOVE it!
Need this little recharge and an extra day off to play.
Maybe go check out the turning foliage.
If it doesn't rain (like they say it will) stops, that is.
Finish my Halloween shadow box...something really different for me.
Clean some more of the clutter around here.
Play...want to use some copper metal clay I have.
Today they are saying some wet weather??? and the temperatures will be dropping off!
Still mostly bright outside-makes you want to go out and have an adventure.
Like yesterday-it was a gorgeous day!
Adventurous day at work- taught my first book workshop-not sure how well it went-my self-doubt is crying out here.
After our teacher work day  I went to my friend's Joanne house for a bit and then went for a long walk on a beautiful warm late afternoon here:
Jenness Beach, Rye, NH
A little last taste of summer.
But today it is back to being autumn. October. Columbus weekend.
This weekend the boat comes home.
Because boating season is ending.
I guess I haven't been thinking much about boating for a few weeks now.
Instead I have been thinking about Halloween, where to go on vacation, some books I want to read and I have been on a very creative stretch thinking up all kinds of ideas for projects.
Wonder what the impetus is that makes some times far more creative than others.
Could be I get to play with this fun stamps. Could be the colder weather. Could be something child-like about this holiday.
Or maybe it is something I'm not able to put my finger on.
Too deep of a thought for me on the weekend.
Here's another one of those holiday cards I made for my daughter at school. I don't know why but it reminds me of fashion for some reason. Maybe all the spots I stenciled on the card stock with black acrylic paint. I used Circle Explosion by Crafter's Workshop.
I die cut the square, stamped the skeleton head and cut that out, added Viva Paint Pen orange dots and the letters to the haunted word are from a sheet of Making Memories stickers I had on hand.
Simple but fun.
Want to see another?
Here's where the beauty queen skeleton lives. 
This time I left the background plain. I die cut a circle and sprayed it with some Dylusions spray ink to give it a mottled effect. The bats I stamped over the moon are from Paper Artsy. The haunted house is a Sizzix die cut. I colored the windows grey and then wanted the effect of light so I popped in some Stickles and I didn't want the grey window color solid so I used the 0 Copic decolorizer to change the lighting.
The words are from a Memory Box phrase stamp they released last year.
You can't see it but I put a little surprise behind the door- a spooky little ghostie to greet you.
Will be back with more spooky and fun cards another day so stop back soon.
Enjoy your Saturday and thanks for visiting!





No comments: