Thursday, October 4, 2012

More altered book art

Here's another spread from my altered book. The right side  is the front of the bag insert I showed you yesterday with the tombstone and Shakespeare saying. I sprayed the bag to make it orange, and added this boney hand which is an image from Rubber Stamps of America. You can see the tag I made inside of it just poking out the top. On the left side I painted the book page black and then sprayed it with some white Tattered Angel's spray.
The bottom of the page is a strip of black and white striped 7Gyspies Gaffer Tape which I painted the white stripes orange. And the moon is a Sizzix die cut. I added some silver Stickles dots to make stars in the night sky.
Then I die cut 2 rounded ATC style tags and embossed the top one with a Sizzix embossing folder. These cards were white so I could easily rub black ink over it to make the web pop out.  I added a little  appropriate cameo.
Here's a close up
You can see it better here.
And when you flip up the top card

The witch saying is from stamp cube I won in eBay several years ago. Maybe it is from Northwoods.
And the tag that is popping up on the top photo-
here it is.
Since it is about the witches ball, this tag addresses the big party. I purposefully smudged the embossing powder here and there to give it a rough look. Think the rest of it is pretty self explanatory.
Don't you agree?
Happy Thursday!
Week is winding down.




2 comments:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Hi Erika!!! Your Halloween Book Art is Spookilicious!!! Great job, so much to see. I've read both posts on it! Love the kitty!

Denise Mulligan said...

What a great book. I love Halloween and the crafts that go with it. I've been making some tags but they're not finished to post yet. Hope I can get to them before the 31st.

The painted bag is a great idea and I love that tape. Got to get some.

So great that you are teaching your hobby to other teachers. Hope it goes well, have fun.