Wednesday, October 17, 2012

More Altered Halloween Book Images

So this book is all about a witches' ball on Halloween eve. 
So basically, a fancy party for a bunch of ugly witches.
(I guess all Halloween style witches are ugly, or in my book can be ugly.)
What a concept, but what else are those witches up to-besides scaring little children-when they are out flying on Halloween?
So I decided they needed a little glamour at their party.
For this page I started with a painted deli wrap sheet glued down on the book page. Then I cut the star out-it was on the back of a set of playing cards I have. I added the skeleton face-(from October Afternoon's Witch Hazel emphemera) and a plastic crown I had. Then a strip of blak paper along the top of the page and some little pieces of glittery silver-black trim.
I mean, what else would witches decorate their ballroom with?
Here's more of the entire page. I made the letters on deli paper and I like the effect they give on the page-custom but they seem like part of the page. I also added some orange Stickles-after all, it is a ball.
Then I added a sticker, a stamped Halloween word (from a Memory Box phrase stamp) and a black die cut bat.
On the right side you can see my stained glass page which I showed you in more depth and details yesterday.
And here's another deli wrap covered page. Then I cut strips of a monoprint image I made with my Gelli plate-those are the ones in "greenish".
I then punched out a big circle from some of the book pages and trimmed the edge so I could add it to the edge of the book. I stamped and embossed this great image from Chocolate Baroque. She doesn't look like she's quite off to the ball yet, eh?
Ha! Ha!
So last night we had a 4.6 earthquake. Something that doesn't happen very often here in New Hampshire. At first we thought something was happening to the furnace-it was so loud and shook the house. But then it last too long, so we thought, maybe we lost part of our chimney or maybe a tree fell on the roof and rolled off.  So we went out and looked, but even in the dark you could tell nothing had happened. When we came in we heard on the tv.
Who'd of thought? Here? An earthquake?
Hope you enjoyed these glimpses of my book.
Have a happy Hump Day.



No comments: