Wednesday, January 9, 2013

New Stamps

So I haven't had much play time in the studio this week; my daughter is home from college and when I get home from work I have been hanging out in front of the tv with her. Naughty me!!! But she'll be back to school before you know it. But I did want to use this new set of stamps I purchased with some holiday cash from Flourishes.
I have been in a flower mood lately, anything to brighten up these slightly warmer but still wintery January days. I did make several flowery cards this past Sunday when I did have some studio time.
This one is done in a distressed style-but it is also kind of how I feel in this winter time of the year- a bit of new color needed in the old winter dark. (Which makes taking photos of art so difficult too!!!)
 I started by sanding down the card stock. Then I added random strips of washi tape. I die cut the frame (Sizzix) from this fun purple polka dot paper. I used the back side (the white side) of this die cut for the outer frame and for the inside I used the polka dot side. 
The image is from Flourishes Botanical Bookplates 
I LOVE it because it is so spring and delicate. I stamped the violets on white paper which I had die cut in an oval shape, colored them with Copics and added them to my card.
I edge the card in black and then started with an even black edge around the purple paper but decided it needed something a little more abstract-so I made this swirly black ring.
Saying is also from this stamp set.
Finally I added a little bit of lilac Viva paint pen dots around the edges.
Thanks for visiting and come back soon!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Well, hello, Spring!! Your card just screams spring in a beautiful way! Your flowers are colored in beautifully and I love the washi tape you added for interest and contrast :) I love it :)

Thank you for playing along with us in Flourishes Timeless Tuesday!!
~ Amanda :)

Unknown said...

Ohhhh, this is such a beautiful card! Love the violet colors. Thank you for playing along at the FTTC.