Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pink

I mentioned a few weeks back how my sister-in-law was having some major surgery to help fight her breast cancer. She is doing well, home from the hospital and in for a long healing time. I think they're saying she has another 6-8 weeks before she'll be back to work and her pre-surgery life. But all that really matters if that she is recouping and doing well right now.
Here's a card I made for her this past weekend.
Pink for breast cancer of course!
I started by painting some white circles on my pink card. Then I used the same pink card stock to die cut the  center. I attached it and outlined the die cut with black Sharpie.
I die cut the banner (new Paper Smooches die) and stamped it with the matching Paper Smooches stamp. The boxing gloves, the pink ribbon and the saying are all from Paper Smooches too.
I added some pink Stickles to the ribbon.
The set I used for the Breast Cancer images is called Hope.
Hoping today we don't get a lot of snow (another storm is coming in) and that this wicked cold wind stops blowing. All I did last night was curl up on the couch under a blanket...was a crazy Monday at work and with the cold, just couldn't get motivated to go up into the studio.
But tonight the hubby has a late meeting so I am planning a play marathon.
Can't wait!
Thanks for stopping by.


1 comment:

Jester said...

I love your card in so many ways! The contrast of the pink and the boxing gloves made me smile. Hope your sister-in-law liked it and that she is doing well.