Friday, March 8, 2013

Art Journal

Since I'm home with the snow today, I had time to photograph a few journal pages. Thought I would add a post for Art Journal Every Day.
This page is bright and cheery. Me wanting spring!!!!!
Can't help but wanting to dream big on a day like this.
I made this page by first prepping the page with gesso. Then a plain bright blue background. The dots (I love dots) and made by using new Tim Holtz Distress paints. I just dabbed the top down. Perfect dot. I used a few bright colors.
Then I used a black Sharpie to "decorated" a few of the dots.

I die cut the butterflies (Sizzix) and then sprayed them with orange Dylusions spray ink. I glued them down and then added some orange Viva paint pen to make the dimensional designs on the butterflies. Once dry, I outlined them with black Sharpie and then splashed pink paint all over the butterflies to 'tone' them down just a tad. Pink and white spray  for the flight trails, to cover the orange Viva paint pen spray just a tad. Love how you get a bit of peak-a-boo orange through the pink.  Finally, the saying- one of my favorite stamps- Dream Big by River City Rubber Works.
Hope my page makes you smile as much as it does me.
Hope you aren't get snow dumped on you today too.
Thanks for stopping by.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the color combination, doodles and simple yet powerful message! Thanks for sharing!!

Rebecca said...

I too love the colour combination. Each colour makes the other pop off the page. Thanks for sharing.

Tracy said...

Hi Erika
Thanks for visiting me at Sojourner. Love these pages! Great bright colours - perfect for our 35C days which are just about as opposite from the snow you're having as you can get. Dreaming big is my phrase for this year. Not sure how I'm doing yet but I'm trying :)
The book on introverts is actually one on children called The Hidden Gifts of the Introverted Child by Marti Olsen Laney, but it has been so helpful in helping me understand why I am the way I am and has made some sense of my childhood experiences as well.