Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Counting Down

Two weeks from now the hubby and I will be in New Mexico, hopefully having a sunny day and being able to do something fun in Taos. We're going to be staying there with some friends for a few nights, out on the mesa. I went there last year and spent the week without my hubby, and I am so excited to bring him along and show him the sights. Plus I should be able to see some new sights for myself. 
I'm so excited, and I can't wait.
I know I'm not heading to tropical splendor but it should be a little less wintery than here in New Hampshire, I HOPE!
Thought I'd show you a few more views of my almost ready to go BUT NOT COMPLETELY FINISHED travel journal.
Last year while in Taos, I bought this New Mexican flag sticker. Since I never used it, I thought it would be perfect for the back of my title page. Sorry for the flash glare.
If you pop back to my post from last Friday, you can see more of this map page.
Love these 2 pages. I'd love to make more of these in the journal. Images are from Stampa Rosa (left stamped image) and Postmodern Design (2 right stamped squares). The long southwestern image on both pages is a stamp I bought in a little shop in Bisbee, Arizona a few years back. I found some of these small stamps in this antique store-though the stamps were new- and very very affordable. I love how usable this image is. I use it a lot.

The book I am using is a chipboard book from Maya Road. I'm only using a few of the chipboard pages though. Here's what I did to one of these pages. Lots of paint and stencils and some wide Washi tape.
This page is made from some assorted stash pieces. I think they're all made from October Afternoon, except maybe the vacation sticker at the top. Kind of a different way to use a viewfinder image.
And while digging in the stash, I found this circle with a hole punched out of the middle. I thought I might be able to do something fun with this, once I am away and actually recording in the journal.
Got a little scrapbooky here, but though this might be a good back page. Or some place in the journal, will see when I get there.I like the page, and think when I add some travel ephemera or writing the page will be able to stand on its own. I used that same stamp that I bought in Bisbee to decorate the ring piece around the postcard. Little airplane stickers from October Afternoon.
Remember none of these pages are finished- nor are they meant to be. I'll finish most of this while I am away, and then give it some finishing touches once I am back home in March.
You'll be seeing more of this down the road.
Hope you'll be back when I post this project again.

No comments: