Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Valentine's Cards

Besides journaling on Sunday morning, I made a few cards for Valentine's Day.
Simple cards, without a lot of layering, a little distressed.
When I got my new Dylusions stamps I also got this new heart stencil from Tim Holtz.
I made those hearts very pale on this card by using a baby wipe and a stencil that was already wet with paint. I wiped the stencil down and rubbed the paint into stencil's cut outs.
Once dry I used this leopard spot stamp (an oldie but goodie from Magenta) that  I found in the bottom of a bin while doing a bit of studio cleaning. I purposefully wanted them to not be too dark on the edge, so I only lightly pressed the stamped down. That way there when I stamped the saying (Studio 490/Wendy Vecchi) the words really showed up.
Finally I added the little circle heart image, which is one of my oldest stamps. Not even sure who made it, maybe Inkadinkado. I added a little bit of red Stickles on the heart.
A bit of a lighting problem here, but you can see I used the same heart stencil, only this time with white paint on a pink background. I found these cool Stampa Rosa images a few years ago on eBay- Valentine's village.  I know I didn't win them all, but I won a couple, including this gas station/garage. I have never seen them again and if you know any more about them I'd love to hear. The 2 cars are from Hero Arts and the words from Technique Tuesday.
Not sure if I am convinced this card is finished or not...sometimes I need to step away from a project and go back to it another time. Time gives me fresh eyes.
So they're still saying snow tomorrow.
Enough for a snow day.
I don't know whether to be excited (to be able to sleep in and have an art day)
or cranky (seeing that means an extra day added to the school year in June).
It will be what it will be.
Words of wisdom I should chose to remember.


No comments: